What we expect from our patients
Above all else we do not accept violence or the threat of violence from patients either verbally or physically to any member of staff. We are trying to provide a high standard of care and do not deserve to be threatened. If patients are violent or abusive to our staff or Doctors we will request them to be removed from our list and referred to an allocation committee, who will decide whether they will receive GP services under the violent patient scheme.
- Please attend your appointments, or cancel them if you do not need them.
- Please do not misuse urgent appointments or home visits because it causes other patients unnecessary distress.
You will be treated with respect and as a partner in your care. Being a partner means you have responsibilities too.
- Ensure our patients have 24-hour access to medical advice.
- Aim for you to have access to a suitably qualified medical professional within 48 hours of your initial contact during surgery hours, or in an urgent case, the same day.
- Work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible.
- Involve you and listen to your opinions and views in all aspects of your medical care.
- The prevention of disease, illness and injury is a primary concern.
The medical staff will advise and inform you of the steps you can take to promote good health and a healthy lifestyle. We would respectfully ask that you:
- Let us know if you intend to cancel an appointment or are running late.
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect. Reception staff may have to ask some personal questions to assist us in providing you with the best service
- Inform the practice staff of any alterations in your circumstances, such as change of surname, address or telephone number. Please ensure that we have your correct telephone number, even if it’s ex-directory.
As patients, you are responsible for your own health and that of any dependents. It is important that you adhere to information and advice given to you by health professionals, and co-operate with the practice in endeavouring to keep you healthy.